Currently recruiting for an Indirect Tax professional - Italian speaking.
This is a permanent position with remote working options.
Working within the broader finance team a well-known brand this position will be responsible primarily for VAT compliance and other indirect tax filing obligations for the Italian market.
Some of the responsibilities within the role will include.
- Timely preparation of Italian VAT books, Italian Intrastat returns, Italian quarterly declarations.
- Preparation and filing of the Annual VAT return in Italy.
- Computation of indirect tax payments and liaising with finance department for processing requests for payment for Italy
- Preparation of the reconciliation of VAT accounts
- Supporting Tax Managers with the resolution of tax queries/issues/audits
- Supporting Tax Managers with technology projects
- Ensuring indirect tax compliance in adherence with the market legislation
- Involvement in month-end process under US GAAP accounting including posting journals in our accounting system (Oracle)
- Finding and working on new opportunities for improving indirect tax processes
- Support internal control and SOX compliance activities related to indirect tax
Requirements for this position.
- Italian language proficiency, native or fluent
- Experience of Italian Tax compliance
- Exposure to accountancy principles, e.g. general ledger, GAAP, posting journals