An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading Asset Manager within the ESG space in the search to appoint a Senior Risk & Compliance professional to their Senior Leadership team within their Dublin offering.
Our client, an international ManCo whose ethos is focused on sustainable investments wishes to appoint a Head of Risk Compliance to their Dublin lbusiness. This will be the first Risk & Compliance appointee in the Irish Entity and will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to put their own stamp on the role.
- Undertaking the PCF management functions relating to Regulatory Compliance Monitoring, in respect of new AIFM.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective systems and controls for compliance with applicable requirements and standards under the regulatory system.
- Responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the organisation's current and proposed future business activities, including new products, services and business relationships.
- Responsible for advising management on the applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards, and pending changes to such.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining written guidelines to staff on the appropriate implementation of the laws, regulation, rules and standards through appropriate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assessing the appropriateness of internal policies, procedures and guidelines, ensure a follow-up of any identified deficiencies, make recommendations for amendments where necessary and supervise the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with internal policies, procedures, and guidelines by performing periodic risk-based compliance risk assessments and testing as appropriate.
Risk Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the firm's risk management assessments (including risk registers) and for reporting relevant significant risks to management, and Board, as applicable.
- Responsible for providing effective and constructive challenges to the business relating to the firm's management of risks.
- Responsible for PCF role of Fund Risk Management and for providing risk management services (including effective reporting) to AIFs, in the context of the firm's AIFM responsibilities to these funds.
Money Laundering Reporting Officer ('MLRO') Responsibilities
- Undertaking the MLRO role for the business and AIFs as required.
- Responsible for oversight of the business's compliance with rules on systems and controls against money laundering and for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime.
- Responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operation of Anti-financial crime ('AFC') policies and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the Central Bank, or any law enforcement body.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following values;
- Ability to offer objective insights to the group's management, and Board, on key risk management and regulatory themes applicable to AIFM activity, including emerging risks in a growing AIFM.
- Strong knowledge on Central Bank and EU regulations relating to AIFM firms.
- Knowledge on infrastructure funds management and ESG matters is beneficial.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including effective presentations within forums such as Boards and AIF Boards.
If this is something of interest to you and you would like to be considered for the position, click on the apply link below. Alternatively, don't hesitate in reaching out on the below details;
firstname.lastname@example.org | +35315719706