Oliver James has been exclusively engaged to recruit a Head of Investment Accounting for a rapidly emerging player in the life insurance industry. After a number of significant transactions both on the insurance, investments and reinsurance side. As a result, our client is seeking a talented Head of Investment Accounting to oversee the day-to-day operations of the investment accounting team, the U.S. Statutory, U.S. GAAP and Bermuda Statutory reporting requirements, and the investment accounting control environment.
This position will oversee the conversion of the investment accounting ledger to a newly selected platform in 2023. In addition, as the Head of Investment Accounting, this position will be responsible for researching, documenting, and implementing the accounting policy for newly selected investment opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Onboarding and integration of new investment portfolios to the new investment accounting platform, including the build-out of the reporting associated with the new portfolios.
- Work closely with Company's third party accounting service providers to ensure accounting and reporting of investments is performed accurately and timely
- Work to produce all needed footnote disclosures for future SEC level financials.
- Build out financial reporting process and controls to support investment financial reporting requirements under GAAP, US STAT and Bermuda Statutory frameworks.
- Manage and assist compilation compilation of Bluebook schedules, which include Schedule D, DB, B, and/or BA
- Oversee the investment control environment to ensure compliance with the Model Audit Rule (MAR).
- Develop and perform various analytical procedures to assist senior management in understanding the company's investment performance, relative stated strategies and objectives.
- Monitor and adjust workload across the team, as needed, to ensure that requirements are met effectively.
- Stay abreast of market conditions, investment strategies, the changing accounting literature or regulatory guidance to ensure compliance.
- Prepare investment accounting reports as needed to support finance, actuarial, tax, and investment department needs.
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA or equivalent accounting certification must.
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience, with 3 or more years of investment accounting experience with an insurance/reinsurance
- Exhibit hands on investment reporting experience as well as public company SOX controls experience.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply U.S. GAAP and STAT investment accounting principles and reporting.
- Experience with Life insurance or Annuities industry.
- Proven track record for exceeding expectations on various, simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
Compensation: This role has a broad range between $180,000 - $250,000, ultimately it will come down to candidate experience. In addition to base salary, there is a target bonus, long term incentive and benefits.
Location: This role can sit in Hartford, CT, Bermuda or New York City, NY. Some travel will be required.
To be considered for the opportunity or for more additional information, please contact Chris Dodds using the email Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org