We are a leading insurance provider committed to delivering outstanding financial services and support to our valued customers. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency, compliance, and integrity in all our financial reporting and accounting practices. As we continue to grow and expand, we are seeking a highly qualified professional to join our team as the Head of Accounting Policy and Group Reporting.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Head of Accounting Policy and Group Reporting to play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and compliance of our financial reporting and accounting policies. The successful candidate will be responsible for guiding our organization through complex accounting standards and regulations, providing expert insights and leading the financial reporting processes in line with GAAP, STAT, and IFRS. This role is based in our White Plains, New York office.
1. Develop and maintain accounting policies: Create and update comprehensive accounting policies to ensure compliance with GAAP, STAT, and IFRS standards, taking into account evolving regulatory changes.
2. Group Reporting: Oversee the preparation and consolidation of financial statements, ensuring they meet the requirements of both regulatory and internal reporting standards.
3. Compliance and Regulation: Stay current on accounting standards and regulatory changes, providing guidance to ensure the company's ongoing adherence to these standards.
4. Financial Analysis: Lead financial analysis and technical accounting research to address complex accounting issues and their impact on the company's financial statements.
5. Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with various teams, including finance, risk management, and internal audit, to ensure alignment and consistency in financial reporting and compliance.
6. Internal Controls: Establish and maintain strong internal controls related to financial reporting, helping to identify and mitigate risks.
7. Audit Support: Coordinate external audits, working closely with auditors to ensure a smooth and efficient audit process.
8. Team Leadership: Manage and mentor a team of accounting professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure the team's continued professional development and performance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Master's degree or additional certifications are a plus.
- Extensive experience (8+ years) in accounting, financial reporting, and accounting policy within the insurance industry.
- Profound understanding of GAAP, STAT, and IFRS accounting standards and the ability to apply them effectively.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance in the insurance sector.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional leadership and team management abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization.