Oliver James is currently representing a rapidly growing variable-annuity insurer with a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis position. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual who can work directly with Senior Stakeholders and key decision makers.
For the right individual, this position would be a critical member of the finance team and be a key position in charge of accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis, MD&A documentation and IPO readiness. This person will be a key partner with peer groups in Financial Reporting, Actuarial, investments and Treasury.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead teams in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management reports.
- Coordinate and conduct the plan/forecast process, including all business units and key function areas.
- Lead Expense and capital management analysis.
- Drive analysis focused on key measures and metrics and seek to identify improvement opportunities, including leading competitor analysis.
- Conduct quarterly and annual actual-to-plan and actual-to-actual variances analysis on all balance sheet and income statement line items.
- Prepare plan/forecast documents and presentation models.
- Develop and manage the plan/forecast time lines and scheduling.
- Prepare scenario analysis and sensitivities against base forecasts to highlight range of outcomes.
- Develop and maintain documentation supporting annual budgets and other forecasts.
- Assist teams that fulfills requests from internal audit, external audit, state insurance departments and/or other regulatory authorities.
- Ad-hoc requests as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance required
- Certified Public Accountant or MBA with minimum of 10-15 + years of Financial Reporting and FP&A experience
- Reinsurance and experience with previous growth companies in life and annuities products preferred
- Experience with Variable Annuities will be highly considered.
- Proficiency in GAAP public MD&A requirements a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders, including senior management, internal functional partners and counterparties
- Organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and motivated to support teams in delivering timely results and quality work products.
- Entrepreneurial and growth mindset, with a bias towards action and details
- Strong desire to help others
- Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration, accepts responsibility for own actions.
Desired comp range is $175-200 base + 25-30% short-term & 15-20% long-term bonus opportunity.
For more information or to be considered for this position please apply using the prompts provided. Alternatively please contact Chris Dodds, SVP at Oliver James using the email below: