The Head of Finance Data Control and Governance will shape, implement and manage key controls for all data accepted and used within Finance and to ensure the strategy is in line with best practices and wider group data policies. Ensuring that data is Valid, Accurate, Complete and delivered on a timely basis to support Group and Statutory reporting.
- Development and implementation of Finance Data Control Framework in line with best practice and that leverages FTP tooling and other technological enablers
- Successful delivery of the Finance data, analytics and MI strategy to all Finance stakeholders
- The framework must ensure consistency and alignment of data used by other Functions throughout the business
- Control and monitor all manual source workaround adjustments, and drive the remediation of processes and IT errors to reduce and ultimately avoid any and all manual workarounds for source data feeds
- Supporting the monthly close process, including timely preparation of artefacts to provide comfort over the data being used within the Finance domain.
- Assist in the production of the monthly & quarterly management reports, the Group reporting package and associated audit files.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders providing data to Finance
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Finance teams and the wider group Finance in order to determine requirements and understand issues
- Support of Internal and external audit controls audits throughout the year, with a focus on year end
- Escalate risks of potential misstatement, control and process weaknesses to the Finance Director and raise Insight (Risk Tool) issues where appropriate
- Continue to seek out improvements in system reporting and interpretation of results to enhance quality of delivery
- Lead a small team of finance professionals to ensure that the overall output and quality of the service provided by the team is within specified levels
- Assist in ensuring team structure and processes are appropriately designed in order to meet the needs of finance and the business and where the processes are able to provide the required outputs and respond to changes in the business.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent Finance Qualification
- Experience of managing a data function and working within a complex financial services organisation
- Communicate technical issues to audience be able to lead and manage through a team of senior professionals to represent the company to external stakeholders
- Project management skills to plan, motivate and achieve required deadlines
- Negotiate and influence within the finance team to achieve objectives
Our client view their people as our most precious asset. They understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. our client aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. We're 'Happy to talk Flexible Working'
If you feel you have the necessary experience then please don't hesitate to apply