Head of Data Engineering
The Technology function is a newly formed area to enable the business to succeed with first class technology solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers to design and delivery a data engineering solution for our business. You will get chance to leverage your strategic planning, business analysis and technical knowledge of data engineering, tools and data architecture definition.
You will play key roles in helping our data scientist community to leverage these datasets effectively. For example, you can expect to help data scientists to find and use the appropriate datasets for their specific problems. You will also produce documentation facilitate sessions for data engineering solutions.
You will build strong relationships with all parts of the business to define the strategy in line with relevant industry standards and best practices. They will ensure the individuals within data engineering management are aligned and function as a team and that data users across the organisation understand the approach.
Designing a data engineering roadmap and executing the vision behind it.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams in areas of Analytics/Data Science/Data Engineering or Quantitative fields
- Enthusiasm and ability to learn new tools and paradigms as data science continues to evolve.
- Ability to translate business concepts into a technical architecture
- Ability to prepare requirements documents, business cases and user stories.
- Experience of operating within the Insurance sector and in particular the Lloyds London market
- Demonstrable experience managing a team
- Good Data Modelling skills with knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining Tabular models using Power BI Desktop, Power BI Premium and Visual Studio.
- Technical excellence in Power BI.
- Knowledge and experience in building pipelines in Azure Data Factory.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server databases.