Currently I'm looking for an experienced Compliance professional with solid experience of CAA regulation, preferably gained at a non-life insurer, to join a fast-growing P&I club based in Luxembourg.
As the Key Function Holder for Compliance, the role will support the Dirigeant Agree whilst reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. Day to day responsibilities will include conducting the compliance activities including regulatory reporting and liaison with the Luxembourg regulators (CAA, CNPD) .
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to establish themselves as a Compliance lead in a global compliance framework, developing close working relationships with the business and within a supportive team environment.
- Accountability for the oversight of the regulatory obligations, as the Compliance Function holder (following probation) and with particular attention to CAA regulation and how this should be applied for a new entrant to the Luxembourg market;
- Assist in maintaining the compliance framework for our client (inc. Overseas branches), ensuring that it remains relevant for the regulatory environment of Luxembourg;
- Analysis and assessment of any changes in the Luxembourg legal & regulatory environment and implement any necessary changes to ensure compliance of our client;
- Assisting generally with regulatory matters, including prudential regulation arising in the course of our client's business;
- Responsible for regulatory submissions of our client, in conjunction with the Dirigeant Agree and Regulatory Reporting Accountant; with support from the Parent Group Risk & Compliance Function;
- Assist in the preparation and management of regulatory applications for Director and Key Function Holder roles of our client
- Support the work of the client Risk & Compliance function to deliver the compliance monitoring plan(s) including, but not limited to; Compliance Thematic Reviews, licencing and regulatory reporting;
- Support the client Risk & Compliance Function's horizon scanning activities, in identifying and analysing legal and regulatory communications and changes; including changes in sanctions regimes, data protection matters and key regulatory change;
- Support the client Risk & Compliance Function with internal training and education on compliance issues.
- Be responsible for identifying, managing and assessing controls within the client, specifically those associated with compliance risk.
Do you have:
- Minimum of 5 years Compliance experience in a non-life insurer
- Graduate or relevant professional qualifications
- Luxembourg Regulatory Environment (CAA, CNPD, RCS)
- Pragmatic - the difference between meeting the spirit and the letter of regulation
- Orientated to outcomes - self-starter; manages time and obstacles to meet deadlines
- Interpreting regulation
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal; fluent in French & English
- Teamwork - ability to work cohesively with a wider team