I am currently recruiting for a Group Financial Oversight Associate to join a fast-paced and dynamic insurance company on a permanent basis.
Purpose of this role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Group Financial Oversight (GFO) team. We oversee, challenge and take an active part in risk management across the function and are responsible for providing internal assurance over its processes. This is a new role as we look to address management actions and remediation, re-shape the team and strengthen expertise and capability, in particular around our approach to managing Reporting Risk.
Key Contribution Areas
* Using strong technical knowledge design, develop, enhance processes and controls, challenge risks and controls from an end to end perspective whilst incorporating knowledge of insurance, financial and regulatory reporting in order to strengthen the control environment.
* Co-ordinate and plan remediation activity, risk and control assessments concerning key policies and procedures, mapping of key processes and controls, oversee control testing, closure of remediation actions, and provide guidance around the control environment to the Finance organisation and key stakeholders.
* Working towards a professional (or equivalent) qualification in related field (e.g. actuarial) with in-depth specialist risk capabilities, knowledge and financial acumen.
* Extensive knowledge and best practice of finance processes and controls, risk management as it relates to insurance and reinsurance.
* Strong understanding of IFRS and insurance regulatory regimes including Solvency II and risk requirements.
* Risk and controls design, delivery, testing and management experience, ideally in a SOX type environment.
If the above role is of interest, please apply online with an up to date CV copy.