We have an incredible opportunity to join us here as a Group Financial Accountant on our Group Reporting team to support the delivery of the Group's external financial and regulatory reporting.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner, splitting your time between our London based office and home. If you're a qualified accountant making your first move from practice to industry, or if you have financial reporting experience in industry and you're looking for exposure to the life and pensions industry within a fast paced FTSE 100 Group Reporting function, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Leading on certain aspects of the production of high quality financial information for the Group (including IFRS financial statements, the Solvency II results and regulatory returns, annual narrative reporting etc.).
- Review and challenge of divisional submissions, developing and applying expertise in areas such as consolidations, insurance accounting, Solvency II and investments reporting.
- Preparing analyses of, and providing insight into, the Group's externally reporting results, such as the movement in the Group's regulatory capital position, IFRS results, and movements in the Group's balance sheet.
- Assist with dealing with the impacts of change as it affects the Group's financial reporting processes. This will include the implementation of developments in financial and regulatory reporting requirements, such as IFRS 17, as well as changes to the Group as a result of corporate activity (e.g. integration of acquisitions, accounting for disposals, re-organisations etc.).
- Collaborative working with other Group functions and divisions across multiple locations.
- Development and maintenance of the Group's reporting systems (IBM Cognos Controller and CCH Tagetik).
What are we looking for?
- Qualified accountant
- An auditing or financial accounting background, with experience of consolidations (preferably under IFRS) within a large and complex organisation
- Great analytical ability and time management skills in order to effectively meet challenging deadlines
- Demonstrable understanding of the technical aspects of financial and regulatory reporting within a group context
- Excellent stakeholder management skills to effectively deal with management and other finance teams across the Group
- A desire to develop a career within the Life and Pensions industry
If you're looking for a way to enhance and progress your career then waste no time and apply online with your most recent CV now!