This is an opportunity to work as the Head of Architecture for a Global Insurance business based in Zurich, where you would work as part of the group function to manage the Engineering and Architectural expansion for the entire Global Business. As part of this role, you will driving the Cloud strategy for the business, interfacing with the Business and Security divisions of the company and having complete ownership of the entirety of the applications and platforms for the company. You will also be responsible for a wider division of 300+ people and hold complete authority of the divisional budget for hiring, technologies and vendor management.
This role requires a proven track record of innovation, introducing and managing the latest technologies in business; managing IT application and Engineering on a Global scale; previous experience in setting up, managing and expanding Global IT divisions and a background as Head of / Director of Engineering or Architecture.
About the job:
As the divisional Director, you will be focusing on the business internal and external stakeholders. You will also be focused on balancing the introduction of new technologies and how this can best serve the core Financial Services business, ensuring unity across all divisions of the Group enterprise. You will do this through complete transparency with the Managing Directors of the business, ensuring any technical decision which is taken has a robust business case for its implementation. This includes the consideration of commercial benefits to the business as well as recognition of the challenges any IT decision will introduce regarding compliance with the core business.
To this end, the role will focus on leading the company's current Architecture and Engineering practises; including, designing and introducing future Digitisation strategy. Key areas of evolution are:
- Evolving the data function of the group
- Expanding and improving the existing talent pool
- Continuing the long term innovation growth
- Making sure that the overall IT division is still serving the core insurance business
- Streamline the existing departmental structure in IT to ensure maximum efficiency
- Reorganise the current vendor structure
- Expand the Global division with a mix of inshore and off shore IT divisions
- Continue the introduction DevSecOps and other security topics to the group
- Manage and existing team of Senior Managers
- Clear background of Engineering and Architecture across a range of IT
- Experience in Insurance (preferred) or Financial Services, in a similar role
- Proven ability to drive multi-year business and IT strategy
- Previous experience in as Global IT Leader with a background in growing and managing Engineering and Architecture divisions
- Stakeholder and client management skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal