Oliver James is working with a leading real estate organization that is looking to hire an in-house insurance claims expert. As the only Senior Claims Manager for the business, you will manage all claims related issues, including the management of a pending caseload, claims strategy and all relationships with external TPAs. You will be responsible for a portfolio of General Liability cases (Slip & Falls, Bodily Injury) within Real Estate, along with some Construction / Liability cases.
Primary Role Duty: To manage a caseload of real estate / general liability claims (slip & falls, bodily injury), with some construction / contractors claims, including mid/high value claims involving litigation. To ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within service expectations, industry best practices and specific client service requirements; and negotiate settlements.
Skills/ Qualifications Required;
- 7+ years of claims adjusting experience within General Liability
- Excellent knowledge of the Real Estate Property market
- Excellent knowledge of Construction - beneficial
- Ability to drive claims strategy and process for the business
- Ability to manage TPA relationships - drive strategy for this area
- Experience managing client / customer relationships
- Exposure to litigation (highly beneficial)
- Strong education background
This role must be based from Mid-Town Manhattan for the majority of the week (with some remote working accommodated). They are offering an excellent base salary ($150K +), bonus and career plan for the future. This is the perfect opportunity to move away from a large insurance team, into a stand-alone claims role where you can influence and build around you!