We are looking for a Full Stack Java Developer to join an innovative technology team for a leading UK Asset Manager.
This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate with 1 to 4 year's of experience (Financial service experience is NOT necessary)
There will be plenty of greenfield application development and they are in the early adoption of the Azure cloud platform. There will be plenty of scope to influence the design of existing applications and services, whilst also moving the firm closer towards its target state architecture.
- No financial experience required (great opportunity for someone to learn the ropes)
- At least 3 years commercial experience
- Great core Java skills are more impressive to us than a long list of frameworks and libraries - These can be learned in the role.
- Enthusiasm and interest in the wider Java community. E.g. Attends developer meet-ups, has active Git-Hub profile, contributes to open source community
- Demonstrable input into designs and solutions in previous role(s) (Not simply worked on tasks for a mature product)
- Happy to work on and support our large estate of existing system.
- There will be a move towards cloud and web front ends. This will not be from day one, but the role will offer the opportunity to feed into that over time.
Useful Skills (Not Essential)
- Core Java
- Database (SQL / JDBC / JPA / In-memory)
- Messaging (JMS / FIX / XML / JSON).
- Web services and REST API design (using frameworks such as Jetty / Jersey / Swagger).
- Code as part of a team with frequent peer reviews.
- Fundamentals and approaches: OOP, SOLID principles, Clean Code.
- Have an active interest in the wider Java community and demonstrable enthusiasm for the future of JVM-based technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (preferably Gradle / Artifactory / TeamCity).
- Cloud technologies (Azure / Docker / Containerisation / OAuth2)