Boasting an incredible culture, my client has been able to strike the perfect balance between being a bigger corporate, but also maintaining being very employee focussed and flexible. With a top quality finance team that has a strong focus on value to members and process improvement, this is a great opportunity with a clear progression path, with opportunities to further develop into different / more commercial areas of finance.
* Sourcing, analysing and consolidating financial information to the relevant senior management and governance bodies.
* Develop and manage key relationship with both internal and external customers. Ensuring clear communication with relevant stakeholders to determine customers' requirements and priorities.
* Own key deliverables, applying specialist expertise to deliver an efficient and effective approach with strong controls and resilient processes. Activities include but not limited to:
- External financial reporting.
- Liaison with external auditors and preparation for audit committee papers.
- Finance controls and structured reporting processes including maintenance of appropriate governance
- Managing the financial accounting team in key periods half year and year end to ensure key deadlines are met
- Reviewing and interpreting data to ensure reporting requirements are met and delivered accurately and on a timely basis
* Proactive approach taking personal ownership for own deliverables and processes, making continuous improvements and taking accountability for all aspects of first line risk management for deliverables.
* Manages the development and maintenance of effective and efficient processes and systems; driving innovation through the identification and implementation of opportunities to streamline and automate processes.
* Lead, develop and motivate a team of Assistant Accountants.
* Accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) or equivalent (Min of 3 years PQE).
* Deep understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and companies act requirements.
* Strong external reporting experience, preferably gained from working in a similar size financial services organisation.
* Experience of leading the audit process and preferably experience of writing technical audit papers.
* Highly numerate and capable of digesting and interpreting technical information and relay this back to key stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
* Rigorous, methodical and well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver to deadlines.
* Strong commercial acumen and have an insight of the external market.
* Good people leadership skills, with the ability to develop and inspire your team to be the best they can be every day.
* Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to converse effectively with senior stakeholders.
* Evidence of professional learning and development to build and maintain skills and expertise.