Leading a team of managers who will support with delivery of Financial Reporting Controls assurance activity specifically within the UK Life Market.
Looking for an experienced Senior Manager to join in this key position.
The Financial Reporting Controls (FRC) team provides assurance in relation to effectiveness of the control environment over external financial reporting.
This role is responsible for the delivery of this activity for within the Life sector, leading a team to perform this assurance activity to support both the local and Group reporting processes, and ensuring that the methodology is appropriately applied for this market.
The role will involve leading on communication with key stakeholders and relevant process and control owners, working closely with them to ensure maintenance of a strong and effective control environment.
This role has significant opportunity for exposure to senior stakeholders. This role provides a great chance to build relationships across the business, from operations and finance teams and will give you visibility and understanding of the full end to end financial reporting process.
In this role you will also shape and deliver changes to the Financial Reporting Controls activity in response to UK corporate reform measures.
- Leading a team of managers who will support with delivery of FRC assurance activity for the UK Life market
- Agreeing with stakeholders the assurance activity required to be performed throughout the year, including timing and prioritisation of this activity
- Delivery of key FRC governance activities, including provision of papers for local and Group FRC forums and input into Board and Audit Committee reporting.
- Attendance and presenting at the relevant governance forums, including Local and Global FRC forums.
- Proactively managing key stakeholders, including market leads and process owners, internal audit and external audit stakeholders.
- Working closely and co-ordinating with SME's and specialists across the wider Risk & Controls team on delivery of certain aspects of FRCF, for example IT and actuarial SME's
What skills & experience do I need?
- Strong risk and controls knowledge and delivery experience, including SOx and internal risk and controls management
- Recent audit experience (external audit or internal audit)
- Qualified accountant or actuary or equivalent experience desirable but not essential
- Experience and knowledge of life insurance
- Knowledge and experience of financial reporting controls
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understood manner
- Relationship management skills to achieve objectives through others and maintain effective stakeholder relationships across both the businesses/markets and external suppliers
- Effective influencing skills with people at all levels internally and externally with the ability to build credible working relationships