The Finance Data Control Manager will work with the Head of Finance Data Control with the implementation and running of key data controls for any data accepted and used within Finance.
Ensuring that data is Valid, Accurate, Complete and delivered on a timely basis to support Group and Statutory reporting
Finance Data Control Manager
Market leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd's and company market. Offering considerable diversity to the broking community
The Finance Data Control Manager will the Head of Finance Data Control with the implementation and running of key data controls for any data accepted and used within Finance.
Ensuring that data is Valid, Accurate, Complete and delivered on a timely basis to support Group and Statutory reporting.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the head of Finance Data Control with the implementation of a Finance Data Control Framework in line with best practice and that leverages FTP tooling and other technological enablers
- Performing and/or overseeing source to target recompilations across all data sources used within Finance and on which Group and Statutory reporting is based. This includes data received from all Underwriting, claims and Reinsurance sources either via a Business Event or a Pass-Through Journal
- Managing the data interdependencies with other stakeholders and ensuring alignment with Functions such as Actuarial and the core Data team (i.e. Running the '3-way reconciliation', and managing the resolution of all differences with the relevant stakeholders)
- Control and monitor all manual source workaround adjustments, and support the remediation of processes and IT errors to reduce and ultimately avoid any and all manual workarounds for source data feeds
- Supporting the monthly close process, including timely preparation of artefacts to provide comfort over the data being used within the Finance domain - for example the '3-way reconciliation' and the Functional Reconciliation Tool
- Support the remediation of any Legacy data issues that may currently exists within the organisations data currently used with Finance
- Assist in the production of the monthly & quarterly management reports. Into the reporting package and associated audit files.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Finance teams as well as with Operations, Tax, Actuarial, and IT (FIAB, GFS)
- Support of Internal and external audit controls audits throughout the year, with a focus on year end
- Support the escalation of risks of potential misstatement, control and process weaknesses to the Finance Director and raise Insight (Risk Tool) issues where appropriate
- Maintain regular communication with peers, as appropriate to ensure consistency, transfer of knowledge and promotion of best practice
- Continue to seek out improvements in system reporting and interpretation of results to enhance quality of delivery.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent Finance Qualification
- Experience of working within data and finance functions
- Experience of working within a complex financial services organisation
- Knowledge of the current statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to your area of responsibility
- Knowledge of London market insurance practices including an understanding of Solvency II reporting requirements and the Lloyd's market