The successful candidate will be working within the core FP&A team helping to deliver business insights on expenses and performance to stakeholders.
- Monitoring and management of London Market expense base and headcount including variance analysis, commentary, and development of options to deliver or exceed the plan.
- Innovate, develop and maintain expense reporting dashboards for cost centres, divisional and group reported expenses
- Expenses Analytics and presentations to London Market execs.
- Expenses business partnering across the division with underwriting, pricing and executive teams. Build strong relationships with Group FP&A and Expense Management teams.
- Ownership of expense budgeting and forecasting for London Market.
- Ownership of the expense allocations process, management and reporting. Bring transparency to the business owners of cost drivers and understanding of group recharges.
- Drive change in own area to simplify processes, shorten delivery times and improve quality of outputs.
- Ambitious individual and experienced financial professional either with or working towards an accountancy qualification.
- Clear vision of where and how finance adds value to a business & Intuitive sense for good commercial decisions
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to present back in a cogent manner what is driving performance.
- An enquiring mind to fully get under the skin of the numbers and question why the numbers look as they do, to fully understand what is driving performance?
- Credibility and gravitas to gain the respect and trust of stakeholders.
- An open and collaborative style with the ability to translate complex subject matter expertise to key stakeholders with clarity
- Ability to communicate both written and orally in a clear and concise way.
- The role does not have any direct reports but can draw on the broader finance and insight community for MI and analysis. Stakeholder management skills will therefore be key but also a willingness to develop into the detail will be required.