Oliver James are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our client in London on a permanenet, full time basis.
Our client is a leading insurance managing general agency and this is a unique opportunity for somebody to join a friendly and hardworking established finance team in a Treasury Cashiering role.
If you are already working in an accounts payable / finance assistant capacity within an insurance business and are keen to explore opportunities offering better progression prospects and the opportunity to manage a high volume of multi currency bank accounts then this opportunity could be for you!
- Monthly end duties - including but not limited to; reconciling multi currency bank accounts and preparing for sign off / updating currency rates on various systems / revaluing accounts / petty cash reconciliation
- Weekly and ad hoc bank reconciliations
- Posting various journals on SUN
- Validating bank details
- Ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely manner on a weekly basis
- Processing urgent payments daily
- Dealing with internal and external payment queries promptly and accurately
- Arranging currency trade transfers as and when required
- Dealing with multi currencies, experience in reconciling a large number of bank accounts (c.60) containing high-volume transactions
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an accounts payable / treasury role
- A good understanding of how debits and credits work
- A highly organised person who uses initiative to mutli task and prioritise their own work load
- Excellent communication skills