Electrical engineer with offshore experience? We need you!
For a well-known client of Oliver James we have the great opportunity to search for an electrical engineer for an offshore project in the UK. This work can be done in Belgium Antwerp. Interested? Here under the description!
You are responsible for the preparation, design, and control of the overall electrical design of a wind farm offshore substation, built in the different production facilities.
Design / Engineering
-Carry out analyses and calculations to support the electrical design process
-Design and check electrical diagrams of electrical installations
-Create from basic design and specifications following Employer's requirements:
- Equipment lists
- Single Line Diagram
- Cable lists
- Earthing and bonding cable lists
- Cable containment arrangement
-Participate to the selection of the electrical equipment
-Design the low voltage distribution system to integrate all electrical equipment
-Prepare AS-Built documentation
-Set up Technical Queries (TQ) to clarify the scope and the design.
-Set up Variation Orders (VOR) when the design scope differs from the contract scope.
-Have close contact with clients, suppliers and subcontractors for the technical follow-up
- Provide engineering support during project execution phases (purchase, factory acceptance test, assembly, installation, and commissioning).
- Provide support to the project team and other departments involved with your expertise and thorough knowledge of the standards in the offshore E&I.
- Participate to the findings of solution on design issues in offices as well as on production facilities.
- Make recommendations regarding design optimisation.
- Develop standard designs to improve efficiency in design work.
Testing & inspection
- Prepare inspection test plan to communicate to client, quality inspectors, test engineers and subcontractors.
- You support the commissioning team at production facilities
Offshore experience is a big plus but not required. If you are an electrical engineer with the right mindset and interest for the offshore world you may be the ideal match for this project. Dutch is not a requirement, English is. Feel free to contact me for more information:
Kristof Plees - Consultant Engineering
Phone: 03 375 04 64