Our client is an international insurance carrier that has been establishing itself as a rapidly emerging player in the life insurance industry. After a number of reinsurance transactions and acquisitions, the company's balance sheet has doubled over the past few years leading to significant amount of new hires, investment in new technology and systems to support it's growth.
The Financial Controller is seeking a talented and motivated professional to join it's Corporate Accounting Team in it's head quarters in Hartford, CT. This is a fantastic role for a strong performer who is looking to help lead the Company's efforts to transform the Accounting and Finance functions through maximization of process efficiency, automation of manual processes, and improved speed-to-delivery.
- Managing a team of professionals in obtaining and analyzing data from various sources (e.g., systems, schedules, external vendors, etc.) for the preparation of GAAP financial statements, consolidations and other reports.
- Overseeing the team responsible for preparation and review of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Key resource in the Company's internal and external financial reporting processes, including SEC reporting on Form 10-Q and 10-K.
- Leading efforts to automate various processes by developing a deep understanding of source data and end user needs, and then directing in the design, implementation, and oversight of solution.
- Assisting in the Company's evaluation of technical accounting matters, including those related to complex transactions, emerging areas, and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Assisting in the function of the Company's SOX program, including interfacing with internal and external auditors as well as business leaders.
- Participating in acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence and purchase accounting.
- Serving as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
- Taking an active role in managing the Accounting/Finance team from an HR perspective, including recruiting quality professionals and developing high-performing teams.
- 5+ years of accounting/auditing experience (public and/or private), including both GAAP and statutory insurance frameworks.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA preferred.
- Bold strategic thinker with a keen eye for improving and even transforming processes.
- Engaging leader with supervisory skills.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
- Effective writing skills and strong attention to detail required.
The dynamic work environment at this client encourages critical thinking, engaging and empowering finance leaders to work collaboratively with others outside the finance function, and allowing them to achieve their potential, while still enabling work/life flexibility.
To be considered for this role, please apply using the prompts provided or email Chris Dodds at Chris.firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation ranges from $140,000 - $170,000 + bonus potential