Oliver James has been exclusively engaged to recruit a Director of Accounting for one of our rapidly growing insuretech start-up clients. This client was launched by a Fortune 500 company and is in the early-stage start-up phase. Their mission statement is to revoutionize the pet health-care and insurance industries through cutting edge SAAS technology.
Due to the growth of the company, they are looking to hire their first finance professional in a Director of Accounting and Operational Finance. This role will oversee and manage all accounting, financial reporting, and financial operations for the
company. Additionally, this is an opportunity to build and manage a team of financial professionals, the ERP, and the system reporting capabilities.
Individuals located in the NYC area will be considered hybrid, with a requirement of 2 days a week in the office.
- Preparation of the Company's GAAP Financial Statements
- Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly financial consolidations and close processes
- Oversee the accounting operations including revenue recognition, A/R, A/P, billing, payroll, etc.
- Holding company management reporting
- Insurance accounting such as bordereau & commissions, premiums and claims
- Oversee treasury operations such as banking relationships, cash flow forecasting and daily cash reconciliations
- Ad hoc tasks and leadership responsibilities
- CPA Qualification or MBA
- Bachelor's degree is required, with a major in a quantitative field (e.g., finance, accounting, mathematics, economics)
- Experience working with start-up companies ideally in the P&C insurance industry
- Revenue recognition experience (ASC 606)
- Deep knowledge of accounting and finance principles within insurance, including GAAP accounting.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, highly motivated and results-driven
For more information, or if you would like to be considered further please apply. Otherwise, please contact Chris Dodds using the email - Chris.dodds@Oliverjames.com