Oliver James is delighted to be representing a leading Asset Management firm as they seek to appoint a Director of Compliance, Financial Crime to the business.
This position will be reporting directly to the EMEA Head of Compliance and advise on financial crime risks, including money laundering and terrorist financing, sanctions, bribery and corruption. The successful candidate will be involved in the management of a small team that works with internal and external stakeholders, implementing the business Financial Crime programme along with local Irish requirements in relation to multiple fund types and business activities.
The day to day of the role can look like but will not be limited to the following;
- Working closely with the EMEA Head of Financial Crime to enhance the framework in relation to managing the risks of money laundering sanctions, fraud and bribery and corruption ("the four risks"), including writing and maintaining country-specific policies and procedures and undertaking relevant risk assessments.
- Coordinate with the Global Risk leads as necessary on the compliance risk framework priorities and oversee required regulatory change management processes for Ireland.
- Oversee relevant audits, regulatory visits and examinations regarding the four risks in Ireland.
- Produce regular management information for both the EMEA Head of Financial Crime and Irish boards and committees, including structured quarterly reporting and appropriate annual reports on the risk framework.
- Provide clear technical advice, guidance and training on all four risk areas to relevant members of the business both in Ireland and were relevant beyond, including Senior Management and Board members.
The successful candidate should have;
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Financial Crime/Compliance Risk management role within a ManCo, Investment Manager, Fund Administrator or 3rd Party ManCo.
- Recent experience of acting as MLRO for Irish Domiciled Funds. An excellent understanding of financial crime regulations that impact the Asset Management industry
- Experience writing policy and procedures and be confident in performing risk assessments and creating monitoring program.
If you would like to be considered for the role, click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion around this role, please reach out on the details below;
firstname.lastname@example.org | +35315719706