Software Engineer Mainframe - Tackle a top project within a top insurance company
A very reputable insurance company in Brussels is looking for a Software Engineer.
The company is very flexible, allowing you to enjoy a pleasant work/life balance.
Freedom is very important in this company, this is why it is open to any idea or proposal to improve its quality. Therefore, you will be able to share all your opinions and ideas.
The company will offer you interesting projects with a local or even international impact, which will bring significant experience and high visibility to your profile.
Software Engineer Mainframe - The job:
As an analyst developer, you will translate the needs expressed by the business into a functional and technical solution, including the elements required for its implementation by the mainframe development teams. You will liaise with business representatives and other IT teams to build the best possible solution. You will prepare and run tests before having the solution validated by the business. You may also be required to manage one or more projects. You will document the functional and technical aspects of the applications. Where necessary, you will implement certain modifications to the programmes yourself.
Software Engineer Mainframe - Your profile:
- You have a higher education qualification (bachelor's or master's degree) in a field relevant to the role
- You have previous experience in a similar role
- You have a good command of standard office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You are capable of understanding how a PL/1 programme works, or are prepared to acquire this skill quickly
- You have knowledge of relational databases (SQL, DB2, etc.)
- You have knowledge of the mainframe world and programming languages such as PL/1, Cobol, etc.
- You are familiar with the workings of social security and mutual insurance in Belgium (insurability, benefits, healthcare, etc.).
- You are familiar with one or more analysis methodologies such as UML.
Software Engineer Mainframe - The offer:
- Best market price, depending on your profile.
- Great environment to grow your skills to the next level with nice evolution perspectives.
- Quick recruitment process.
If you want to give your career a boost, take advantage of it and apply for this new challenge! Do not wait any longer to send me your CV to: email@example.com or call me directly on 02 588 16 36