Database Aministrator Manager (DBA Manager)
Responsible for managing database administration team - comprising of technical team members, including senior, mid-level DBAs and vendor staff primarily focussed on Administration of the Database platform (including MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Oracle, etc)
Responsibilities may include:
- Leads and provide technical guidance to the database administration staff that consists of a mid-sized team of Administrators and DBA Specialists
- on MS SQL Server and responsible for Administration of MS SQL servers, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS from MS SQL Server versions 2008 to 2019, Azure SQL Managed instance in MS Azure environment, and Oracle
- Leads design and implementation of automation solution
- Ensure IT operational documentation, build documents, processes and procedures are completed and maintained to a high standard following database best practice.
Technical Knowledge required:
- Advanced knowledge of all High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server including Always On and clustering and options in Azure.
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning skills on OLTP/OLAP MS SQL on server and database level
- Advanced knowledge of SQL internals, indexes, index management, statistics and related tools and kits for performance troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL demonstrated in deployments of advanced scripts, database and SSIS/SSAS objects changes
- Knowledge of SQL Server Database implementation and security best practices.
- Knowledge of Private and Public Cloud Infrastructure including MS Azure
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience as a productive member of IT operations team including 3+ years in managerial position
- Experience in hiring (including dealing with vendor) and setting up teams
- Experience in Resource management and planning, including budgeting and estimating
- Formally trained and experienced in people management
- Experience in dealing of multiple projects / initiatives
- Experience working in insurance or reinsurance industry (preferred but not essential)
- Experience working with Co-lo, IaaS, PaaS and Azure Managed Instances