We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to join an industry leading organisation that are currently going through a company wide digital transformation! This would initially be a 12 month fixed term contract with a very strong likelihood of it going permanent afterwards.
You'd be working in a mature, agile centric team that is responsible for helping to maintain availability on all current data services whilst also working closely with the data engineering teams to design & build new strategic solutions based within the cloud (Azure)
- To maintain & support Production & non-Production Databases
- Implement & refine database security standards, identifying & reporting on issues and vulnerabilities to mitigate these. Being proactive alongside responsible
- Ensure data integrity & business continuity - participating in disaster recovery testing etc
- Assist in Incident Management , problem resolution and continuous improvements
- Develop reports using SSRS, Jobs using SQL Agent and ETL with T-SQL and C#
- Support and build CI/CD projects using tools such as Git , TeamCity, Octopus
- Deliver solutions to complex database issues with a focus on DevOps
- Implement new technical initiatives, complying with relevant procedures and policies
We are just looking for a DBA from a SQL background who is looking to progress their career towards the cloud. You will be a proactive and forward-thinking individual who wants to utilise their existing skill set in an organisation that truly appreciates the value of a Database Services team.
You will gain exposure to a broad range of the latest technologies, really helping you reach that next step in your career!
With a flexible working pattern, you just need to be a commutable distance from Birmingham for one day a week
Click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!