A multinational British conglomerate headquartered in Hong Kong who in the last 3 years during the pandemic found huge success in the AI and Machine Learning programs. This success has supported the firm's various enhancements of financial and customer experience data across multiple divisions and portfolios.
As such, the firm is looking for a Data Scientist to join team to drive impact from data science across multiple business units. Being at the Group level team, you will need to use your previous experience on the development and deployment of data science solutions on various projects to build business impact.
The job description is as follows:
* Development: Develop data analytics tools, machine learning models, data pipelines given business requirements and technology limitations through both programming and SaaS tools
* Exploratory analysis: Mine and analyse data from company datalake to drive optimisation and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
* Collaborative implementation: Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and work together towards the expected outcomes.
The requirements are as follows:
* At least 3 years hands on experience; experience in developing the use case requirements together with the business team is a plus
* Strong track record in developing data science models for production purposes, especially in digital (e.g. product recommender, dynamic pricing), campaign (e.g. A/B testing, offer targeting, personalization) and retail analytics (e.g. promotion, assortment, store and store network optimisation, supply chain)
* Experience with common data science toolkits to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets, including SQL, Spark, Python
* Experience in writing production quality data science code and familiarity with Git, SDLC, and a Unix shell
* Solid understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, and their real-world advantages and drawbacks; Experience implementing ML solutions on a cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
The ideal candidates will have at least one of the above as a speciality and has a proven track record in delivery.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a firm who has been highly successful during COVID and is looking to invest more in Resources and Technology for the next 5 years.
In addition, this company has been known to provide one of the best total packages inclusive of healthcare and other benefits.