Data Privacy Officer, Data Privacy Officer, Data Privacy Officer, Data Privacy Officer, Data Protection, Data Protection, Data Protection, Data Protection, Data Protection, GDPR, GDPR, GDPR, GDPR, GDP
My client, a global insurance company, is seeking a DPO for North America. Reporting to the Divisional Chief Data Privacy Officer (CDPO), the N.A. DPO will be appointed as DPO for USA and Canada. The N.A. DPO will support local compliance and perform all their tasks under the control and in collaboration with the CDPO. In addition, the North American DPO will actively support global data privacy compliance matters in collaboration with CDPO team, notably relative to EU/UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Successful DPOs will:
- Animate the Local Privacy Group including Local Data Privacy Champions, following up execution of local Department Privacy roadmap,.
- Perform local 2nd line of defense controls as directed by the CDPO, thus ensuring on a regular basis that projects, templates, data processing applications and processes are compliant with local data privacy legislation and Data Privacy Framework.
- Prepare answers to any US / Canada Authority request under CDPO control.
- Lead local Data Privacy processes (for example answer to individuals demands on their personal data).
- Perform GDPR specific activity in support to Central team such as 1/ Performance of Transfer Impact Assessments, 2/ Performance of Data Privacy Impact Assessment 3/ Contracts review.
If you have / possess:
- Data Privacy / Compliance project on-field experience (4 years) in the USA
- Legal or Compliance background
- Project Management skills
- Leadership skills; including the ability to work with all levels of seniority.
- Takes initiative. Ability to lead subjects independently.
Please apply this role ASAP