We have just been retained to search for a strategic role with one of the biggest FS clients in the region. You will be leading a relatively small team of 2-3 Data Engineers in Malaysia and supporting Regional data/Cloud transformation initiatives, one of which is a hybrid cloud programme.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in data engineering/ cloud.
- Experience in leading the cloud/ data engineering team
- Hands-on experience in using and/or managing Azure solutions - Azure SQL DB, Azure Storage Account, Logic Apps, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure ML, AKS, etc.
- Solid experience in implementing ETL/ data streaming solution for reporting, analytics or data science in pyspark, scala and/or SQL
- Solid knowledge in data modeling, data transformation, data warehousing and data lake
- Lead Data Engineering team, be the key point of contact for Malaysia Data Engineering team for
- Manage and Administer the Azure Cloud Data Platform to provide the streamlined support for platform users and define the best practice and framework
- Lead and train the data engineering team on ETL and/or BI solutions implementation for project delivery
- Manage the BAU activities and monitoring of the existing data pipelines in the platform
- Design and govern the platform policy and framework to deliver the best practice and standards within the platform
- Monitor the platform usage and activities to ensure the platform standards are properly enforced to the users and onboarded projects
- Provision required/ requested components and access to the platform based on the AIA and platform policy
- Contribute to vendor and solution evaluation for project solution selection and implementation
- Plan and conduct proof of concept on new use cases or component provision