We have just been retained to search for a strategic role with one of the biggest FS clients in the region. You will be leading a relatively small team of 2-3 Data Engineers in Malaysia and supporting regional data/Cloud transformation initiatives, one of which is a hybrid cloud programme.
- At least 1 year of Azure Data Engineering Experience - ETL, pipelining, storage, database
- Experienced in leading and managing a small / medium sized team of ETL developers.
- Lead and provide technical guidance and supervision to ETL developers.
- Plan and manage end-to-end delivery and work assignments within the ETL development team.
- Experience with other clouds (GCP, AWS) will be a huge advantage.
- Lead Data Engineering team, be the key point of contact for Malaysia Data Engineering team for
- Perform requirement gathering and analysis with business and technology stakeholders
- Perform hands-on ETL solution design, development, test execution and production deployment.
- Perform hands-on data and analytic platform engineering work using Azure Data Bricks, Azure ML, AKS, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake
- Understand and evaluate existing ETL, SQL, Python and Spark scripts.
- Design and develop data procedures for a high-performance environment.
- Provide support for Quality Assurance testing
- Provide support for ETL batch job issues in lower environments and in Production if need arises
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide inputs on necessary corrections if needed
- Lead overall legacy data stores migration to enterprise data management platform