A large multinational insurance firm is looking to kick start its much awaited huge digital transformation project and as such looking for a data engineering lead to drive the project forward.
The data engineering lead will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the data infrastructure and systems specialising in Microsoft Azure. They will lead a team of data engineers and work closely with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure that data is collected, stored, processed, and analysed efficiently and accurately.
1. Design and implement data pipelines and data processing systems using Microsoft Azure technologies.
2. Develop and maintain data models and data schemas to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
3. Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and provide solutions to meet those needs.
4. Lead a team of data engineers and provide guidance and mentorship to ensure high-quality work and timely delivery.
5. Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines and systems to ensure data quality and availability.
6. Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in data engineering and recommend improvements to existing systems and processes.
7. Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations and policies.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field.
2. At least 5 years of experience in data engineering, with a focus on Microsoft Azure and PySpark.
3. Strong experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, and other Azure data services.
4. Experience with data modelling, data warehousing, and ETL processes.
5. Strong leadership and communication skills.
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Familiarity with data privacy and security regulations and policies.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a firm who has been highly successful during COVID and is looking to invest more in Resources and Technology for the next 5 years.
In addition, this company has been known to provide one of the best total packages inclusive of healthcare and other benefits.