Data Engineer | Lloyds Insurance Firm | London
My client is a Lloyds insurance firm based in London and they are on the market looking for a Data Engineer to sit within their Data Engineer team and be a technical SME for their Core Data Platform.
- Support and provide technical expertise across core data production services ensuring that business needs are meet effectively within risk and performance parameters.
- Use analytical and problem-solving skills to diagnose technical and data issues when incidents occur or as highlighted by users.
- Improve upon processes, controls and procedures that add value to the team and company with respect to data quality, data security, robustness, best-practice, reliability, performance, scalability, company strategy and team efficiency.
- Provide remediation of vulnerabilities, working closely with the Security Team to ensure the Data Engineering team are complying with the IT Security Policy and meeting Risk and Audit requirements.
- Strong SQL programming and DBA skills on database technologies such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL.
- Experience of ETL tools such as ADF, IBM DataManager, MS SSIS, IBM DataStage.
- Experience of reports using tools such as Cognos BI, MS Power BI.
- Azure cloud technologies
- Experience in the insurance or wider financial services