Data Architect | Specialist Insurance Firm | London
My client is a Specialist Insurance Firm based in London and they are looking to appoint a Data Architect to join their Enterprise Architecture and Data Management team team.
The role will be key in the design and implementation of end-to-end global platforms and standardisation of business processes and data flows.
- Works with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, and Business SME's to determine the solutions data scope by understanding the business data requirements driving the solution.
- Collaborates with the Principle Data Architect to leverage and contribute to enterprise artefacts ensuring that the solution data architecture is implemented in alignment with the overall strategy
- Works with the Solution Architects to design the end-to-end solution data flows sourcing data from architecturally approved sources.
- Creates or validates mapping of data across sources, based on data content.
- Works with the business to determine and document the applicable data quality standards that the data used in the solution needs to adhere to.
- Works closely with Data Owners to support data quality improvement exercises.
- Works with other Architects and Functional Leads to understand and document interaction between data and applications
- Work within the Architecture function to define and develop the Data Architecture Vision and roadmap (across Reference Data Management, Data Quality Management, Metadata Management)
- Demonstrable understanding of the life insurance (or reinsurance) industry
- Broad knowledge of the activities and processes involved in operating a global (re)insurance company, with deep knowledge of functional area (Actuarial/Finance/Operations) processes
- Knowledge of relevant technology and software packages used within the (re)insurance industry.
- Strong technical background with a solid track record of delivering solutions and developing/forming an overarching data architectural roadmap
- Several years' experience as a Data Architect within a global organisation
- Communicate complex data concepts to all relevant stakeholders within the business
- Analysis and design (modelling and graphical representations).