Oliver James have partnered with a market leader and have an exciting new opportunity to join a modern insurance organization at the forefront of innovation through technology and business processes.
They are looking to hire a data architect on a permanent basis to join the new CDO office team and embark on a companywide modernization program. Starting with work on the Data Mesh, working closely with other architects on migration to cloud, data Lake house and more.
- Competitive salary + bonus + pension
- The best benefits in the market + Travel to work scheme (expense travel up to £5,000 per annum)
- Open to near remote / hybrid working
- London or Midlands (or 3 hours travelling distance)
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Experience of modernising data architecture to deliver products and services that make a difference!
- Understanding of data models, standards and tools used across architecture, engineering
- Experience working within strategy and product development teams to support global data projects
- Experience of delivering data governance and data policy fit for a global environment
- Collaboration with technologists to translate business needs into data products
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with RDBMS architectures
- Familiarity with information management practices
- Knowledge of large-scale data processing
- Knowledge of data lake / warehousing solutions
- Experience with batch and streaming processing, real-time applications, event-based architectures and pub/sub patterns
- Experience working in cloud environments
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes
- Modelling capability with the ability to clearly represent complex ideas graphically
- Familiar with a variety of modelling approaches, tools and model repositories
- Ability to translate complex domain specific concepts into knowledge that can be understood and consumed across domains.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please apply with you up to date CV.
You have live, and have the right to work in the UK to apply.