The Data Architect is responsible for the formation, design and implementation of data strategy and architecture. Key accountabilities include:
- Design data architectures to support the implementation of core business systems, storage and processing of a variety of structured and unstructured data to satisfy analytics needs.
- Fulfil the MI & Analytics needs of the organisation by designing appropriate information architectures in partnership with the Data Science and Management Information personnel.
- Create data models for conceptual, logical and physical database designs
- Integrate external datasets into the technology landscape using modern cloud-based tooling
- Manage data quality, metadata and reference data by working with data governance teams
- Work with internal technology engineering teams and external third-party technology partners to implement and maintain the strategic data platforms.
- Experience of working in a data architecture or similar data-oriented role responsible for defining data needs, designing data models, structures and documenting data flows.
- Practical experience of utilizing and designing Data Warehouse and Data Lake solutions to store and process a variety of structured and unstructured data
- Solid experience of data integration and mapping experience
- Advance knowledge of database query languages, e.g. SQL
- Experience of data mapping API and Web services (XML / JSON) data models
- Excellent knowledge of MI/BI platforms
- Solid understanding of conceptual, logical and physical data model design
- Strong relationship management skills across a variety of stakeholders and functions.