Oliver James has been engaged by a leading Reinsurance Firm to assist with the recruitment of an actuary to work as part of their Catastrophe Reinsurance Team. The ideal candidate would have experience across CAT Modelling as well as being competent around the interpretation, visualisation and management of large volumes of speciality data across this industry.
- Use statistical modelling and risk management strategies to develop financial projections, cost-benefit analyses, and insurance plans
- Compile data from a wide variety of sources to determine the risks associated as well as ensuring accurate catastrophe data reports are communicated effectively to management for decision making.
- Liaise with internal and external teams and provide consultancy services where required ensuring
- Evaluate existing CAT models and recommend improvements.
- Serve as subject matter expert on catastrophe models to other risk analysts.
- Device modelling tools to assess catastrophe risk factors.
- Oversee post-event catastrophe analyses to estimate incurred losses.
- Implement catastrophe prevention products to meet customer requirements.
- Degree in Actuarial, Mathematics or related discipline
- Demonstrated background across speciality lines reinsurance
- Min 2+ years experience working with CAT Models
- Analytical with a background in Data Analytic
- Knowledge of Matlab/Tableau/VBA
- Knowledge of SQL, Excel, Python/R
Apply today or contact Aisling Quin with a copy of your CV
Oliver James Associates specialise in Actuarial Recruitment globally.