The Release Manager will work closely with agile development teams. One of the core duties is to help drive definition and evolution of release processes and support automation that optimizes efficiency and quality while meeting the demands of rapid growth and operational complexity.
* Define and evolve strategies that support metadata as source code and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
* Help build a release management workflow at enterprise scale that will ensure successful migrations.
* Define and manage release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements
* Perform environment refreshes while ensuring they are done appropriately.
* Ensure that sandboxes are created to meet development requirements and reduce the impact of erroneous refreshes. Work with development staff to troubleshoot environment issues
* Define roles required to support the release management workflow. Implement the appropriate strategies for controlling and migrating changes through the environments, ensuring there are repeatable processes with sound change management.