Contract Business Data Analyst - Manchester / Remote
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Change team of this mid-tier financial services business as a Business Data Analyst on a 6 month contract.
As a Business Analyst you will be part of the Change Team and will be responsible for requirements definition and change request management.
The role will be based 1-2 of days a week in the Manchester office and 3-4 days from home.
What will you be doing?
- Collating, understanding and defining business requirements for projects, portfolios and change requests, then translating these into requirements definitions
- Process mapping and re-engineering to create efficiency's
- Defining solutions that are appropriate to the business
- Analyse and document both current (As Is) and proposed (To Be) business processes from an operational and system perspective.
- Present business benefits and articulate requirements at all levels including Senior Management.
- Engineering of new business processes.
- Day to day management and prioritisation of change requests within the project against plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Communicate at high levels to key personnel and stakeholders.
- Previous experience required of Business Analysis/Requirements Gathering and Business Change.
- Strong understanding of financial controls and risk
- Good analytical and numeracy skills required
- Data analysis skills using Excel to create pivot tables with data breakdowns
- BCS Business Analysis qualification is an added benefit
- ISEB qualification in Business Requirement Engineering is an added benefit
- Knowledge of waterfall and agile development methods
- Experience of UML, Use Cases and User Stories
- Strong documentation skills, in particular the documenting of detailed requirements
- Ability to facilitate groups of people at all levels to gather meaningful requirements
- Ability to articulate key points/detail and present findings to key stakeholders