New contract opportunity with a well known Mid-Tier Insurance brand on a huge Digital and Agile journey. Join a team of individuals with a shared passion for solving problems, a hunger to learn, a super positive attitude and a burning desire to make a difference in the world.
Unlike other insurance companies who step in only when things go wrong, this business is developing technologies that will help their customers stop the worst from happening by integrating seamlessly into the lives of their consumers.
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Define and implement an Automation Test Strategy across Digital
- Recommend automated best practices and implement across the planets (e.g. TDD/BDD/test techniques etc)
- Work with DevOps to define and improve automated CI.
- Define and implement automation test KPIs and imbed within the squads.
- Teach code and automation techniques on a 1:1 or 'classroom' basis.
- Coach people hands-on day to day to improve their skills.
- Ensure the agreed best practices, tools and test techniques are understood and adopted.
What would we like to see in you?
We are looking for someone who establishes and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships. A person that demonstrates pragmatic judgement, balancing risk and business value to reach decisions which are well informed and actionable; is proactive in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes.
The individual will be respectful of others views and positively contribute to a learning environment in which individuals are supported and encouraged to excel, with a passion for continuous learning and exploring new technologies.
- Significant knowledge and experience in defining, developing and implementing automation test strategies and frameworks
- Extensive technical skills, an interest in Dev and tech beyond testing with a hands on background in automation including reporting/dashboards
- Experience in testing microservice or distributed service architecture desirable but not essential
- Excellent stakeholder management