Cloud Architect - Azure
As Cloud Architect, the primary focus of your role will be acting as the "Product Owner" and "Technical Lead" of Cloud/DevOps teams. At the start, you will be working with the cloud team. This application contains data science solutions, supporting various financial calculations for regulatory compliance. In the future, the focus may change to other data application teams, enabling their migrating to the cloud.
- Act as a solution owner, maintain and prioritise the backlog of the Cloud DevOps team, including the full cloud product life cycle. Leading, coaching and guiding the team by example, built from your strong experience with Azure.
- Ensure the delivery of a stable and highly available Azure Data Platform to the business that meets the requirements, with a strong focus on Incident Prevention & Resolution, including health and monitoring dashboard and alerts.
- Ensure comprehensive monitoring is in place for the performance & compliance of all cloud systems, including cost, security, performance and availability.
- You make sure that the cloud teams will build fully automated, transparent and reproducible solutions, ensuring that they meet not only the business needs, but also legal, regulatory and compliance requirements, and that these are suitably audited.
- You are experienced in, and a strong advocate of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), combined with change, release and configuration management, including the creation of automated deployment pipelines and tests.
Skills and experience
- Highly experienced architect in Azure Data Solutions, like Storage Accounts, Databases, Databricks, Datafactory and Eventhub, as well as Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Container Registry, Azure Virtual Networks and Azure Key Vault.
- Proven experience in designing Azure Cloud infrastructures and ensuring platforms can support the applications in production.
- Good understanding of CI/CD Pipelines like Azure DevOps, Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Templates, Azure Powershell and CLI.
- Relevant technology certifications include but are not limited to AZ-303/304 Azure Solution Architect Expert, DP-900 Azure Data Fundamentals, DP-100 Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Strong leadership as Product/Solution Owner in DevOps teams, acting as a servant leader, whilst obtaining the trust of the Cloud DevOps team and the Business.
- Experience with Cloud Governance Principles on Information Security, Cost Control, Performance, Availability and Operational Excellence.
- Experience with Incident Prevention & Resolution, Change, Release & Configuration Management, as well as understanding and practical use of the principles of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).