Due to continued growth, a specialist underwriter is seeking a seasoned Chief Financial Officer to join their Brussels based entity.
As the lead for the finance function you will be responsible for the management and development of the finance team, and to ensure compliance with all financial reporting and regulatory requirements of the entity. Lead the development of procedures which are necessary in order to manage this function.
Responsibilities will be:
- Responsible to lead the Finance function
- Manage cash flow and financial planning of the legal entity
- Lead, develop and motivate the team/s to attract, retain and develop talent, succession and ensure delivery of business objectives within a high performance culture.
- Establish and implement the financial procedures and operational best practices
- Lead finance function to design, execute and monitor financial operations as well as related risks, meeting the regulatory, tax and business requirements.
- Acting as Finance Responsible Person of the legal entity to communicate and manage relationship with local regulators on finance and tax related issues.
- Assist in formulating the company's future development and tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the budgeting and reforecast processes, implement budget control
- Monitor and manage capital risk for the legal entity, as well as managing the related enquiries from group stakeholders and regulators.
- Involvement in the implementation of IFRS 17, the new Insurance accounting standard which will have a significant impact across both Finance and the business
- Work effectively with varying levels of people within the Finance Function, and a wide range of stakeholders across multiple business areas and functions, providing leadership and direction where required
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant or equivalent with proven track record in managing financial control & reporting function
- Knowledgeable of accounting and taxation principles & process
- Deeply understand insurance business and legal & regulatory requirements in Belgium