About the Position:
As our company continues to expand, we are seeking a Financial Controller to help guide our growth and ensure compliance with accounting, regulatory, and tax requirements. In this role, you will work closely with the Regional Controllers, Group Accounting, Reporting & Tax teams to maintain financial compliance across the organization, including managing local audits, outsourced firms, and financial regulatory relationships.
As the primary point of contact for all finance-related matters within the regional team, you will ensure that all new entities, products, and legislative changes are fully understood and prepared for by the finance team. You will also collaborate with finance teams, including the Finance Product team and Group Accounting, to ensure that systems, controls, and processes are tailored to meet regional requirements, with clear definitions and change management.
Your responsibilities will include reviewing monthly and quarterly financials to ensure the accuracy of all entities, while also optimizing the customer product for growth. With your expertise, you will help steer the ship in the right direction and ensure that we are well-prepared for continued growth and success.
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. If you are ready to take on this challenge and contribute to our company's success, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Significant experience in either financial controlling, financial audit, financial advisory or management accounting, good knowledge of IFRS / EU 1606/2002 Regulation on the application of international accounting standards (IAS)and mature financial controls for European entities
- Managed a complex stakeholder group internally and externally to the organisation
- Communicated with internal or external stakeholders on a regular basis, submitting reports, clarifying requirements etc
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you'll get a lot of support but soon you'll be the expert here)
- Experience in regulated environment, Fintech or Financial Services preferred
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs
- You can take responsibility and make decisions independently, great at organising your own work schedule with little or no guidance
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have ability to understand importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks
- You have a strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong understanding of IFRS.
Type of person:
- You have a passion for what we're building and you will work on any financial requirements
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still
- You are proactive and take the initiative to get things done
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
Join our team of talented professionals and be a part of a dynamic and innovative company that values its employees and fosters growth and development.
We look forward to hearing from you and discovering how your unique skills and experiences can contribute to our organization. Apply now to become a part of our team and help us drive success.