Currently searching for a Business Strategy Architect to support the Business Analysis & Business Architecture function within the Specialty Commercial and Middle Market Portfolio of applications for a leading P&C insuer.
The candidate will be responsible for working with key program leaders on developing, executing and implementing business / technology strategies. The candidate will partner with Business Leaders, IT Leaders, Project Managers, Architects, and vendor partners to define & support the business and technology strategy. They will support the solution pipeline process, utilization of technology, requirements analysis & design approaches for individual projects and the Portfolio as a whole. They will also help monitor and ensure the quality and throughput of the work products of the project teams through the software development lifecycle.
- Outside in Perspective - Provides and influences outside in perspective on business opportunities and performance drivers. Employs a consulting mindset in partnering with stakeholders while owing the strategy
- Technology and Business Strategy - Develops and translates project business opportunities and performance drivers as well as long-term business unit expectations and goals. Decomposes business strategies and needs into the IT capabilities required to execute them, works collaboratively across other areas to develop strategies, executable roadmaps and near term tactics. Ensures solution options align with business needs.
- Communications & Business Consulting - Provides consulting services to the business segments as the initial point of contact for IT during idea development and planning activities during the Definition (Pre-define and define) phases of projects. Leads identification, clarification and validation of business capabilities on individual projects and broader program planning activities. Works closely with business partners to understand opportunities, business needs and strategic context. Ensures alignment of business value (benefit) to expense.
- Leads transition of a project from idea development to initial Agile delivery foundation and sprints.
- Partners with Delivery leads, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to break solutions into manageable components and initial sprint backlog and roadmap. Leads in resolution of key issues and mentors BAs. Provides functional leadership at a Portfolio, Program and Project level.
- Facilitates capability prioritization activities through examination of Portfolio, Program or Project opportunity costs, benefits, duration and prerequisites.
- Presents cohesive models, capability blueprints and roadmaps to executives and stakeholders in order to secure consensus on proposed capabilities and business/technology implications.
- 10+ years of Business Analysis and/or Application Development experience.
- Strong Property Causality experience desired
- Familiarity and experience with Agile Development Lifecycle is mandatory.
- Experience advocating software development processes, methods and tools to improve quality and productivity
- Ability to lead and manage day-to-day activities of business analyst resources, including vendor partners.
- Strong process design, project planning and execution
- Influencing, negotiating and decision making skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, strategic thinking and strong leadership skills are required
- Undergraduate degree desired
- Experience working in a multi-sourced, offshore delivery centers and shared services environment is a plus.