The bank is on its way to transition from on-premise to public cloud platform and to speed up this transition we need platform engineers with hands-on experience and knowledge. Are you getting energy by helping out other developers, working under pressure to solve blocking issues for them and guide them through the world of Azure DevOps pipelines? If your answer is yes, than read on!
The department consists of 6 teams, each covering a part of the development tool portfolio. The functional scope is from designing and developing tools on workstations, to backlog management, source code management and CICD until deployments in production. The department supplies CICD reference pipelines and pipeline building blocks (templates) that allow development teams to easily compose their pipelines and consume data in the underlying tools. We do this for a wide variety of technologies that are used within the bank, for example Java, Python and .NET.
All teams in our department work as DevOps teams and are equally responsible for both development/improvements and support. The CICD Pipelines (PIPE) team has their focus on helping customers (other developers in the bank) to get their CICD ready on Azure in a fast & efficient way. Our service is mostly consulting. We help our customers to set up their CICD pipelines on Azure DevOps by organising hackatons and we have (almost) daily walk-ins where customers can come in with their questions, issues and requests.
Next to this, we support and maintain our easy-to-use reference pipelines and building blocks. We participate in triangles and circles which focus on either specific technologies or topics. Together with these triangles/circles and other teams we maintain, support and continuously improve the pipeline building blocks and increase the breadth, width and the level of compliancy of them.
To be successful in our team:
- (must) You are client-oriented, you take initiative, you take ownership, you have a good business sense and you are a quick thinker
- (must) You have a profound understanding and experience working with CICD pipelines
- (must) You have practical experience with Azure DevOps
- You know any object oriented programming language
- You know or want to learn YAML and/or JSON
- You know Python and/or Java
- You know about the Agile, CICD and DevOps principles
- You have an 'automate everything'-mindset
- You have experience with life-cycle management and are willing to participate in operational tasks
- Bonus points: Knowledge/experience with Ansible, Docker or Kubernetes
*A reference-check is part of the application process.
* This is a contracting position. To be able to work as a contractor in the Netherlands you need to be registered at KvK. If you're on a visa and interested in this position, you can still apply and be payrolled by Oliver James.