Azure DBA/Database Engineer
My client is looking for a Database Engineer with a strong DBA background. Key skills are SQL, Powershell and preferably Azure.
What will I be responsible for in this job? (brief summary of the role)
- Create processes and procedures to export, transform and load complex data from multiple disparate sources using SQL.
- Design SQL database schemas
- Write SQL stored procedures and queries to select, insert, update, and delete data from various endpoints.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot established data integration processes.
- Work with stakeholders to define requirements and acceptance criteria
- Be part of an agile/scrum development team
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex data and database related issues.
- Test, release, and support product features, including troubleshooting and debugging.
What are the requirements?
- Years of experience: 5
- Education: BS Computer Science or Information Technology
- Physical requirements: NA
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
- 3+ of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server (or other SQL technology)
- 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining ETL processes and procedures using SSIS
- Experience performing data analysis and calculations within a SQL environment
- Experience designing database schemas
- Ability to troubleshoot SQL performance issues
- Expertise with Microsoft technologies and tools (SQL Server, .NET, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure Technologies.