Job Description: AVP of E&S Casualty
Position Overview: We are seeking an experienced and dynamic underwriting professional for the position of Assistant Vice President (AVP) of E&S Casualty. As an AVP, you will play a pivotal role in our organization, leading our Excess and Surplus (E&S) Casualty West Coast division. This permanent position offers flexibility for you to work primarily in the San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Scottsdale, AZ area, with a preference for two days in the office. You will be joining a financially stable and highly respected carrier, ranked among the top 10 carriers in the E&S space. We offer a competitive compensation package, including a base salary ranging from $140,000 to $180,000, generous paid time off of 25 days, a strong 401k plan, and an attractive bonus structure.
- Lead and oversee the E&S Casualty division, ensuring the achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement effective underwriting strategies and guidelines to drive profitable growth within the E&S Casualty portfolio.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with brokers, agents, and clients to foster business partnerships and generate new business opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the underwriting team, assisting with complex risk assessment and decision-making processes.
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities to identify emerging risks and market opportunities.
- Collaborate with various internal stakeholders, such as claims, finance, and compliance, to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Lead and manage a team of underwriters, providing coaching, mentoring, and professional development opportunities.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, set goals, and drive continuous improvement within the E&S Casualty division.
- Stay up to date with industry developments, including changes in regulations, coverage forms, and emerging risk trends.
- Represent the organization at industry events, conferences, and client meetings to enhance the company's reputation and expand its network.
- Bachelor's degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Business Administration, or a related field. Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPCU, ARM) are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5-15 years of casualty underwriting experience, with a strong focus on general liability, product liability, and umbrella coverage.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and growing an E&S Casualty portfolio.
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise in casualty underwriting, risk assessment, and pricing methodologies.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve outstanding results.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with brokers, agents, clients, and internal stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to think analytically, identify market opportunities, and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy, with the ability to analyze financial statements and evaluate profitability.
- Proficient in using underwriting tools, systems, and software applications.
- Flexibility to work primarily in the San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Scottsdale, AZ area, with a preference for two days in the office.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary ranging from $140,000 to $180,000 based on experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and life insurance.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) allowance of 25 days per year.
- 401k retirement plan with a 5% annual contribution and a 1-3% employer match.
- Annual bonus opportunity of 15% based on individual and company performance.
- Professional development and training programs to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Join our team and make a significant impact in the E&S Casualty market with a financially stable and top 10 carrier. Apply today to be considered for this