An international bank is looking for a Compliance manager who will conduct and coordinate operational audits within the area of Compliance. The Compliance Audit Manager, together with a team of auditors and compliance specialists, plays an important role in providing assurance within this area with a worldwide coverage.
Roles and responsibilities
As a Compliance Audit Manager you are primarily responsible for adding value to the organisation via leading and performing audits. Professional as you are, you are involved in and multiple audits throughout the year and are working closely together with your team members and other colleagues. This includes analysis of documentation and data, interviews with responsible business managers, testing of effectiveness of controls and audit filing and report writing. Audit findings are reported including suggestions for improvement and concrete recommendations, and presented to senior management.
Next to leading and providing support to operational audits, you will also play a crucial role in analysing and communicating trends and developments in the area of Compliance. This will enable you to come with suggestions for the adaption of these trends and developments in the audit strategy and audit planning. In line with this you will play a pivotal role in providing assurance at global level within the area of Compliance. You also play an active role in knowledge management by providing trainings in the area of Compliance to audit professionals within the global Bank organisation and to share your specialist knowledge.
As a Compliance Audit Manager you will be located in Amsterdam within the Compliance audit team. This team is part of the Audit Division Risk & Finance. The Audit department is a highly professional organisation with audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 400 members. You will work in a positive working atmosphere where people are used to an open communication style. Education and training is highly supported and innovation like for instance increased use of data analytics in audits is stimulated.
How to succeed
Understanding of compliance regulations as well as compliance processes, risks and controls is important. You also have an understanding of internal audit processes. And strong verbal, writing , analytical and interpersonal skills helps you to ask the right questions and get the right information; also when you have to overcome resistance first. You are accurate and describe yourself as a team player who is very capable of working in international teams.
- Have an academic degree
- Have around 10 years relevant work experience in compliance risk management and/or audit and internal control. Areas of expertise are Wwft, Know your customer, FEC/AML and/or FATCA/CRS.
- Have (preferably) up or beyond several years relevant work experience in Compliance and/or audit and internal control within a major bank or financial institution.
- Have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation (a track record in project management is advantageous)
- Have built bridges by nature and is able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures
- Are persuasive; being able to 'get people on board' and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders
- Are fluent in English (fluency in other languages is much appreciated).
- Are willing to travel 6-10 weeks per year.
Rewards & benefits
This is a full-time position of 36 or 40 hours a week. The bank offers an attractive employee benefits package with excellent secondary labor conditions, that more than meet market conditions:
- Excellent salary
- Rewards and benefits
The benefits of working with us at the bank include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience (80k - 110k)
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- A really diverse team of around 17 people (many nationalities and equal in terms of gender)
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster