Compliance Audit Specialist/Manager
I am looking for a Compliance Specialist who will conduct and coordinate operational audits within the area of Compliance. The Compliance Audit Specialist, together with a team of auditors and compliance specialists, plays an important role in providing assurance within this area with a worldwide coverage.
Roles and responsibilities
As a Compliance Audit Specialist you are primarily responsible for adding value to the organisation via leading and performing audits. Professional as you are, you are involved in and multiple audits throughout the year and are working closely together with your team members and other colleagues. This includes analysis of documentation and data, interviews with responsible business managers, testing of effectiveness of controls and audit filing and report writing. Audit findings are reported including suggestions for improvement and concrete recommendations, and presented to senior management.
Next to leading and providing support to operational audits, you will also play a crucial role in analysing and communicating trends and developments in the area of Compliance. This will enable you to come with suggestions for the adaption of these trends and developments in the audit strategy and audit planning. In line with this you will play a pivotal role in providing assurance at global level within the area of Compliance. You also play an active role in knowledge management by providing trainings in the area of Compliance to audit professionals within the global Bank organisation and to share your specialist knowledge.
As a Compliance Audit Specialist you will be located in Amsterdam within the Compliance audit team. This team is part of the Audit Division Risk & Finance and includes 16 people with different backgrounds, experiences and nationalities. This is a highly professional organisation with audit teams across the globe and comprises a diverse international team of around 400 members. You will work in a positive working atmosphere where people are used to an open communication style. Education and training is highly supported and innovation like for instance increased use of data analytics in audits is stimulated.
How to succeed
Understanding of compliance regulations as well as compliance processes, risks and controls is important. You also have an understanding of internal audit processes. And strong verbal, writing , analytical and interpersonal skills helps you to ask the right questions and get the right information; also when you have to overcome resistance first. You are accurate and describe yourself as a team player who is very capable of working in international teams.
- Have an academic degree and are preferably in the possession of a certification in Risk Management or in Internal Control / Administrative Organisation.
- Have around 10 years relevant work experience in compliance risk management and/or audit and internal control
- Have (preferably) up or beyond several years relevant work experience in Compliance and/or audit and internal control within a major bank or financial institution.
- Have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation (a track record in project management is advantageous)
- Have built bridges by nature and is able to bridge between different levels, different people and different cultures
- Are persuasive; being able to 'get people on board' and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders
- Are fluent in English (fluency in other languages is much appreciated).
- Are willing to travel 6-10 weeks per year.