Accounting Operations Lead - IFRS17 - 2/3 days WFH - brand new offices central Paris
Location : Paris
Oliver James is helping a Global Insurance Company to find their new Accounting Operations Lead within their French entity. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and international environment where you will have responsibilities from day one.
As well as a good exposure to high responsibilities, this position offers you an international and fast-paced working environment in a fast-growing company - liaising with offices in London and an amazing career progression.
The Accounting Operations Lead will join a large and multi-national Finance team and will be primarily in charge of ledger maintenance and global financial operations within the French branch.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Deliver monthly closing of actuals and supporting documentation following requirements
- Oversee day-to-day team's operation and performance to enable achieving goals
- Maintain and manage close relationship with all areas in Finance and Business involved within the financial services
- Improve and support Finance and Business processes and procedures
- Support the transition to IFRS17 as well as the implementation of a new underwriting system
We are looking for someone with :
- A bachelor or master degree with a finance emphasis
- 10 years' experience
- Good understanding of financial accounting systems
- Good IT knowledge (Microsoft Outlook) and advanced skills in MS Excel
- Fluent in both French and English
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of CODA is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL is a plus