A leading and growing Insurer is seeking for an Accounting & Reporting Senior Manager.
- Supervise the team on system enhancements and liaise with respective Business Units and IT for timely resolution of interface issues and reconciling items.
- Review of work processes and controls to improve effectiveness and efficiency of reconciliations, reporting, and financial closing.
- Review and manage team's supporting schedules.
- Analyse financial reporting results.
- Actively support in IFRS 17 projects.
- Manage team involvements in ad hoc assignments to support internal and external users on finance related matters; support initiatives as required.
- Liaise with auditors and respective internal departments to address audit findings, co-ordinate audit process and preparation of reporting packs to Audit Committee and Board, where necessary.
- Undertake research on SFRS having an impact on Entity Financial Statements and implement changes that will have an impact on the accounting system for reporting purposes.
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and take appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlight any potential concerns/ risks and proactively share best risk management practices.
- Degree in Accountancy, ACCA or its equivalent.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience preferably with external audit background.
- Candidate with life or general insurance accounting experience will have an added advantage.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skill.