A leading professional services firm that focuses on making business more personal and building trust into each result they put out. The advisory team takes the challenge on designing fresh solutions with a balance of scale, skill, and service. With a unique balance of skills, scale, and service that understands that just cookie cutter solutions and advice won't meet a clients unique needs. You'll focus on what is next and create fresh ideas and efficent solutions.
The Accounting Advisory Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of a project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. This team collaborates with the client by assisting in the preparation of carve-out financials; supporting the financial statement audit process; identifying organizational interdependencies; and performing sell-side due diligence. Divestiture Solutions includes the entire lifecycle of an engagement from evaluating carve-out readiness, supporting the 100-day planning and operational transition, and assisting in the separation of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Plan, execute, direct and complete divestiture solutions for financial sponsors and corporate clients from a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, business services, technology, and healthcare, amongst others.
- Support Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulatory filings for carve-outs and facilitate the preparation of carve-out financials.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively while ensuring work is performed timely, with quality, and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with Grant Thornton, directors and partners on proposals and business development calls. Understand and manage firm risk on proposals.
- Engage client stakeholders including external auditors, audit committees, and client management to identify, assess, and deliver sound advice.
- Build relationships within and outside of Grant Thornton and leverage existing Grant Thornton network to identify new opportunities.
- Collaborate within the practice, across regional teams, and across functional service personnel to identify whitespace opportunities on existing clients and provide an integrated "One Grant Thornton" experience to our clients.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor associates on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Identify regulatory and market trends that are applicable to clients and become a trusted advisor.
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Co-Support audit teams with understanding and evaluating accounting policies related to new, significant, or complex accounting-related matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related discipline. A Master's degree is a plus
- CPA or related license/certification.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, accounting advisory services, or a similar transaction advisory consulting practice or function servicing clients at a national level.
- Strong technical skills and current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, SEC Reporting, accounting advisory services or transaction advisory services and/or mergers and acquisitions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills.
- Strong leadership, business development, training, and mentoring skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking.
- Aptitude for facilitating a variety of approaches to complex separation and divestiture solution issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects in a rapidly growing practice.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
- Travel percentage: 30%
ADDITIONAL DETAILS TO NOTE:
- Need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or Self Testing Negative within a specific timeframe to enter the office, visit/enter the office or attend in person or client sponsored events.